Click Here to Get One for Yourself

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

BRRRRRR!

Still cold in the frozen tundra, so the exercise bike was my buddy tonight. Got 50 minutes in quick before we went to my sisters to set up her wireless network. I was really happy to see my youngest son come downstairs with us and ran on the elliptical trainer for 25 minutes. Yeah! It's nice to see my kids following me to the exercise equipment instead of to Taco Bell!

I had an email the other day from a high school classmate who is involved with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was a finisher in the Ironman Wisconsin this year and has run some of the same races we have this summer, so we have had a chance to email a couple times and talk for a few minutes before the Run for Rivers this Fall. One of the things she is involved in is fundraising for the JDRF, specifically the bike rides in different areas of the country, including Death Valley, Calasabas, Asheville (NC), and others. I am giving serious consideration to the Asheville ride, which is nearby some of Mikes family. Also a factor is that our niece Sarah is diabetic and we would have the opportunity to ride on behalf of her. We would need to raise $4000 apiece, and I would not be able to do it this year (I need to make sure I have enough study time to graduate in July!), but it seriously interests me. We will definitely have to give it more thought and discussion, but it is an exciting opportunity.

Today was the holiday party at work, and I'm pretty proud of myself for bypassing all the cookies, candies, and other goodies and eating just a small slice of ham and a couple servings of fresh veggies. I DO have will power!

1 comment:

Kimberly Rae said...

if you looking to do a ride for a cure closer to home...there is the TREK 100 in Wisconsin on June 7th.

The money raised goes to help the MACC(midwest athletes against childhood cancer) - last weekend we did a 6 hr spin benefit to raise money for the same organization in Whitefish Bay WI


View My Stats

Calculate your Calories