Sunday, December 30, 2007
While shopping at WalMart (AGAIN!) we found these little numbers and they immediately made me picture GeekGirl and S Baboo and their Vegas Marathon dressed as Elvis. So of course, we had to buy them. There are still some left so either they are weird or we are sick of eating sweets.
Behold the counter full of junk food it had to contend with last night - my stomach hurts just looking at it again......
Monday, December 24, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
So here are 5 unusual or interesting things you may not know about me:
1) I hate getting flowers. It took me years to get Mike to stop sending them to me. They are expensive and they don't last long at all. I never remember to water them, never remember to throw them out til they stink. Now, that's not to say I don't enjoy cuttings from someones garden, that is a little different.
2) I am obsessed with shoes. I love to buy them and I love to covet them on other people. One of the first things I look at when I see people are their feet to see what shoes they have on. One of my favorite pairs EVER was a pair of neon blue calfskin ankle boots I bought on the Loop in Chicago in high school. They laced up and kind of looked like elf shoes. I have no idea what happened to them, but if they were still around I would wear them every day. I actually think the shoe fetish comes from being so heavy for so long - the shoe department is the one place where I could talk shopping with everyone, I didn't have to go to a special fat girl section of the store.
3) If you tell me I can't do something, I will do it simply to prove you wrong. I am just that stubborn. And I will do it all pissed off with a chip on my shoulder.
4) I am horribly messy, even though I try really hard to keep my things cleaned up. I keep everything because "I might need that later" and it piles up everywhere. My fear is that someday, I will be the little old lady whose house is just packed with collections of CRAP I can't part with, with only little narrow paths so I can get to my bed and the bathroom.........
5) I have a lot of fun reading blogs and following what people are doing with them. I think it is just a little weird and awkward to meet these people in person. It just seems totally creepy to go up to someone and say "Hello there internet friend, I'm J-Wim..." . It' feels a little like Peter Parker introducing himself as Spiderman, which would never happen - the superhero persona is supposed to be kept a secret..... Plus, I am often just at a loss for small talk, so these meetings are sometimes really really awkward.
Now for the forward tags: How about......... Michele, Tracy, Renae, Brigitte, Regina. Let's hear it ladies.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Guess how thrilled the Wimmer boys are about having our family picture taken for our Christmas Card?
As they say, a picture speaks a thousand words.
Quote of the day: "Why do we have to wear these GAY matching shirts?"
"Hands at sides. If they are in front it looks like I'm trying to touch your butt."
Good times. yeah. Good times.....