2. Because of this, I spend my time on the run announcing to the corner marshalls that I'm last. Hopefully they appreciate knowing they can pack it up and go home. Its the least I can do for making them wait for me.
3. This night the water was much warmer than the last one (Tough to get colder, the last one was 54 degrees...). Wore a sleeveless wetsuit for this one.
4. There were a ton of people there this time. And they were still all smoking fast.
5. The swim went well. Felt fast and was able to pass up a couple pace bunnies by the end.
6. I took off with Alison at the beginning. We could walk out quite a ways. Before actually started swimming I was able to walk a few steps ahead of her and declare "I'm winning Alison, better hurry up!" She wasn't amused. :)
7. Took off from transition knowing I was doing really well for time. It isn't often I am out of the water before a bunch of people. Alison encouraged me to swim on the inside of the stream of people, which worked well. I swam out too wide somehow on the middle leg or I think I would have been faster yet.
|From last year|
12. Best thing about Aquathon night is Chipotle afterwards. Had a great supper with the Viemeisters, Zach, Steve, and Jamie. Yummo.