Click Here to Get One for Yourself

Monday, July 2, 2007

MTBs return

Tonight Mike and I did another Monday Mt Bike Ride with the Velo Club beginners group. It actually was just Mike and I, led by Larry and Janet. I guess maybe with the holiday coming up the group was kind of sparse. Mike went off into the single tracks with Larry and Janet and I took off on our own.

Janet did NOT try to kill me tonight. I know usually I report her homicidal intentions by dragging me through the single tracks, but tonight she cut me a break and we worked instead on confidence. We started on the wider grassier trails and gradually made it in towards the meatier single track stuff deeper in the woods, but she would do a quick run through some single tracks, then take a loop through some wider trails. That was perfect for me - just enough single track to get some practice in, yet not so much that I got flustered with it and started making stupid moves and worked my panties into a bunch. Once I get all twitterpated I might as well pack it up and go home, and I never got there tonight.

Larry on the other hand apparently was fixing to kill Mike. (you didn't really think we would BOTH have a good night at the same time did you? What would we have to gripe about then?? SHEESH!)

I should also mention that I am nearly done with my last 2 classes and will finally graduate from my program in a couple short weeks. I had a near miss with papers this weekend though, so I made myself a little nervous. There were 3 MAJOR papers due before the class ends, one due each week. Well while I had some time off last week, I spent a lot of my time working on 2 of the 3 papers, not so much (or at all really) on the third one. Well - long story short- I was doing them in reverse order and I realized Saturday like at 9pm that the one I hadn't started was actually the one due Sunday by midnight. I stayed up til 2AM working on it Saturday, then got up at 6:30 Sunday to work some more. By about 2PM, I had a finished product to submit. Voila! Somehow I managed to pull the paper out of my ass, which apparently was where I have been storing my brain lately.

I.CANNOT.WAIT.TO.GET.THIS.OVER.WITH. AND.WORK.ON.WORRYING.ABOUT.WHETHER.OR.NOT.WE.CAN.DO.AN.IRONMAN.

I need something new to obsess about for a change.

2 comments:

RunninRobin said...

Wow I can really relate to the school thing! I am glad it is almost over for you and your workout sounds great!

Di said...

REAL deadlines, the last minute sort seem to always produce pretty good results. I think the brain goes into fast gear and it all seems to fall into place. So glad you finished the papers on time.
I missed my ride last night, storms were pretty brutal here ysterday late afternoon. I know you and Mike would have ridden any way, you guys are unstoppable!! ;)


View My Stats

Calculate your Calories