Click Here to Get One for Yourself

Monday, March 3, 2008

Tagged by Steve

So Steve tagged us and I need to share 7 random facts about me. I'm not what I have shared before but here goes.
My 7 random facts:
1) I am an educational perfectionist. I graduated 7th (of 313) in my HS class without hardly cracking a book open, just doing my homework. In college (at least in nursing school and at Ball State for my BSN), anything less than 100% was unacceptable. I had a 4.0 GPA at both places. Bordered on neurotic I know.
2) Prior to starting the VLCD diet and returning to regular food, the only vegetables I would eat were corn (I know - technically not a veggie), and lettuce (iceberg, please), and raw carrots or raw cauliflower. Now, I try something new all the time. I practically live on onion, peppers, squash, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and a ton of others. Who knew I was missing so many good things?? I learned the trick is to cook things only to the point of getting warm. If you cook them til they are a mushy mess, it still makes me gag just like I when I was a kid.
3) When I was little, I had an imaginary friend that kept me company in the bathroom. I don't remember her name anymore, but I do recall she was just a couple inches tall and fit in my pocket when I wasn't in the bathroom.
4) Also when I was a kid, I was convinced that I was adopted (I wasn't) for the sole purpose of doing chores. I envisioned that my little sisters were midgets that zipped out of their "kid" suits at night after I went to bed. What's funny now is I don't remember being asked to do any super huge amount of chores around the house.
5) It was very important to get to the bathroom right after each meal growing up. There were 2 bathrooms and 3 sisters. First 2 to the bathroom sat there until it was certain that the third one was finished clearing the table and loading the dishwasher. I don't think we ever did much more in there but read People magazine until the coast was clear.
6) There is nothing on earth I like more than watching kids play sports. With nothing on the line but pride, all you see is heart. When you start getting into the college and pro level, it becomes less about the love of the game and more about what the game can do for you to get ahead. Unless, of course, my boy makes the NFL - then I might change my mind.
7) I am taking a stab at writing a book about our experience. It comes in fits and starts and random thoughts jotted on scraps of paper. I have no idea if I will even finish it, but writing it is kind of cathartic.

I have no idea who I have or haven't tagged in the past, so if you want to be tagged next you're it.

4 comments:

tayjizzy said...

uhhhhhhh......i don't recall zipping out of my kid suite. Crack don't smoke itself, Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

#1) I was the same way about grades...major perfectionist! My graduating class was smaller (153) and I was 3rd in the class. I missed being soluditorian by a thousandth of a point, but was glad because I didn't want to give a speech at graduation. I got my first (and only) 2 B's in college when I was dating Jeff. (go figure...my grades dropped, but his went up). One was a history class. Before my final exam in that class, I calculated what I'd have to make to get an A. Even if I got a 100 on the final, my final grade would be an 89. Okay, here's the neurotic part - I studied all night, got a 100 on the final, only for an 89. The teacher told me he was impressed though.

#2) The only vegetables I knew growing up were corn, potatoes (fried of course), fried okra, and canned green beans. Yeah, like you, I eat so much better now :)

#3) I have one older sister, and I think I was her imaginary friend when she had to "sit" in the bathroom. She used to make me sit outside the door and play hangman with her to kill time.

#6) yes, kids playing sports is awesome! It's the parents who try to live through their kids that I can do without. You are obviously not like that :)

#7) very cool!

bigmike600 said...

I have known you a long time and most of those things I didn't know. What else is hiding? I hope I am worthy of inclusion into your book.

TAK said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I SWEAR YOU TWO STILL OWE ME HOURS AND HOURS OF DISH WASHING AND GRAVY STIRRING !!!!

I love it that your friend could fit into your pocket and we were zipped up into kid suits!! Very creative!


View My Stats

Calculate your Calories