Click Here to Get One for Yourself

Thursday, March 15, 2007

My first B-R-ick outside this year

Tonight was a chilly night, about 32-34 this late afternoon and pretty windy. After work, Mike and I took a ride on the mountain bikes around town. A few miles out, we realized the gloves we were wearing were not cutting it. As part of our ride, we stopped by Michael's and picked up a couple pairs of windproof gloves, a very smart buy. I enjoyed the ride despite the wind and I'm glad Mike suggested it.
When we got back home I took a 3.5 mile run right away. It was cold and windy, but I averaged a 11:08 pace, which is really pretty good for me. I want to be sub-10 minute miles by Crazylegs in April, so this is a good start. The jelly-legs part of the BRick (bike/run--ick) went away really quickly for a change so maybe it is starting to get a little more natural.
Tomorrow my sister and I are going to see Menopause the Musical with some of her friends from work. Not sure about it, but what the heck, it gets me out of the house for a change. I will have to get up early for a spin on the elliptical so I can get in a lighter workout and burn some calories!

No comments:


View My Stats

Calculate your Calories