Click Here to Get One for Yourself

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Our first Velo Club Ride

Tonight we took our first ride with the Janesville Velo Club (see ride details here). We started in Riverside Park and went out north of town from there. We had a total of 2+ hours including our ride to and from the Park.
Dealing with the new Shimano pedals was kind of a pain in the ass and I nearly bit the dust trying to clip into them several times. I'm sure with time it will become second nature like the SPD style pedals I am used to using, but for right now they are a little dicey.
It was awesome to get out and ride outside again and the temps were great, although it was hella windy on the way out. The tailwind back in was nice though.
FitDay says I burned 1266 calories on this ride, so I am very pleased with that. I hope it helps me break my plateau.
I don't think Mike had a super time, although he seemed to tolerate it. He says it would be more fair if all the skinny folks strapped a bag of water softener salt to their bikes - that made me laugh.

No comments:


View My Stats

Calculate your Calories